- • VanWye WR. ACSM’s Resources for the Health Fitness Specialist. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; North American ed; February 1, 2013: ch. 12, Healthy Stress Management, The Case of Paul, pg 280-281. Get the Book
- • VanWye WR, Jones KM, Hoover D. 2012 APTA CSM Technopolooza. Physical therapy management of a patient’s gait abnormality using smartphone technology for improved qualitative gait analysis: a case report.
- • VanWye WR. Patient screening by a physical therapist for non-musculoskeletal hip pain. Phys Ther. 2009;89:248–256.
- • VanWye WR. Non-specific low back pain: evaluation and treatment tips. J Fam Pract. 2010;59:445-458.
Randomized Controlled Trials
- • Streepey JW, Mock MJ, Riskowski JL, VanWye WR, Vitvitskiy BM, Mikesky AE. Effects of quadriceps and hamstrings proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching on knee movement sensation. J Strength Cond Res. 2010;24:1037-1042.
Peer Reviewed Abstracts
- • Van Wye WR, Hoover DL. Forearm pain – recreational softball player. Med Sci Sports Exer: 2013: 45(5): S16.
- • Mock M, Streepey J, Riskowski J, VanWye WR, Vitvitskiy B, Mikesky A. (2008). Effects of Quadriceps and Hamstrings PNF Stretching on Knee Proprioception. Med. Sci. Sports and Exerc. (Suppl) 40(5): Abstract #1258, S167.
- • VanWye WR (2011). Patient screening by a physical therapist for non-musculoskeletal hip pain. Poster presentation – Ohio Physical Therapy Association Fall Scientific Symposium, Columbus, OH, (October, 2011)
- • Whalen RL, Dworak J, Ranta A, VanWye WR. Platform Presentation: Prescribing exercise to older adults: a literature based recommendation for maintaining and improving physical fitness. Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association, San Diego, California. (February, 2006).
- • Dworak J, Ranta A, VanWye WR, Whalen RL. Prescribing physical activity to older adults: a literature based recommendation for maintaining and improving physical function, University of Indianapolis Doctor of Physical Therapy thesis/dissertation, 2006, Indianapolis, IN
- – 2006 University of Indianapolis research award winner
- • Cook K, Russ J, Jones K. Factors that influence the success of three Indiana chapter national multiple sclerosis society self-help groups. University of Indianapolis Doctor of Physical Therapy thesis/dissertation, 2006, Indianapolis, IN
- • APTA Journal Physical Therapy Podcast; Screening for Medical Problems and Complications: Where Do We Go From Here?
- – Participants: W. Ray VanWye, PT, William Boissonnault, PT, and Catherine Goodman, PT. Moderator: Daniel Riddle, PT.